Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Exhibit: "All Roads Lead Back to Amherst"


“All Roads Lead Back to Amherst,” an exhibit of nature photographs by Annie (Fournier) Tiberio Cameron ’73, will be on display from September 15 through December 11, 2009, in the Integrated Sciences and Engineering Library at UMass Amherst (Lederle Graduate Research Center Lowrise, Floor 2). An opening reception will be held on Tuesday, September 15, 2009, from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. The reception is open to the public and refreshments will be served. The exhibit is on view during library hours.

Annie Tiberio Cameron came to UMass in 1969 to study Wildlife Biology. She has a B.S. in Environmental Education and did graduate work at North Adams State College, UMass Amherst, and Westfield State College. Tiberio Cameron has been a photography instructor at Bay Path College, Massachusetts Audubon Society, National Wildlife Federation, UMass Amherst, among others. Her photographs have been exhibited in New York, Michigan, New Mexico, and Texas, as well as New England. Her work has been published in Sierra Magazine, Mass. Audubon's Sanctuary Magazine, and other publications.

“I make 35mm color images that help me to reveal what I feel about the natural world: its colors shapes, textures, lines, and forms,” says Tiberio. “My background in science supports my visual expressions on film where my goal is to make a connection between myself and the observer. I try to make familiar and simple things in nature acquire the elegance that I see through my lenses.”

For more information about the exhibit, contact Madeleine Charney 577-0784 or mcharney@library.umass.edu. For library hours, 545-1370, or: www.library.umass.edu/hours.htm. For more information about Annie Tiberio Photography: www.a-tiberio.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment